(1 hrs./ 0.1 CEU/CCU)
AOTA Classification Code(s): Category: OT Service Delivery, Professional Issues
- CEUs/Contact Hours: 0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hour
- Educational Level: Beginner
Understanding the foundation of funding and documentation is a key step in ensuring procurement of complex rehab technology. As the world of CRT grows the amount of justification and funding requirements grow and change as well; often leaving dealers and clinicians unsure of what is good to go or a complete no-go. This course will assist suppliers/dealers and clinicians to navigate the funding and justification process from start to finish. Focus of the course will include clarification of the face to face examination/ clinical specialty evaluation and the required process through the final delivery. Examples of clinical documentation and justification will also be utilized to help improve outcomes.
CEU Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the necessary information required for the face to face examination versus the OT/PT specialty evaluation
- Describe the 5 required documents in the CRT funding process and how they affect the outcome of procuring wheeled mobility equipment
- Give 3 examples of commonly documented mistakes that lead to equipment denial
See our upcoming onsite education courses at the Permobil Academy.
Full Course Detail Flyer PDF: Intro to CRT