(1 hrs./ 0.1 CEU/CCU)
AOTA Classification Code(s): OT Service Delivery
- CEUs/Contact Hours: 0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hour
- Education Level: Intermediate
This 60-minute interactive live course will utilize clinical case discussions to drive clinical decision making for power wheelchair (PWC) prescription. This class is intended to facilitate clinicians and equipment provider’s knowledge of how to successfully recommend appropriate seating and mobility devices for people who drive a power wheelchair. Participants will be provided with real case examples and use clinical reasoning skills to identify a client’s limitations, goals, and equipment selection to promote functional outcomes. Attendees will be encouraged to participate in active discussion of their case findings and compare solutions.
This course will help guide your practice from standard equipment prescription to best practice for power wheelchair recommendations for long-term independent wheelchair mobility and utilization of power functions. This course will utilize the ICF model to assist the clinical decision-making process to be successful in the provision of seating and positioning solutions for PWC. This course will highlight how input devices have a positive impact on quality of life and participation in MRADLs at home and in the community. Upon completion of this course, the participant will have a better understanding of how matching the person with their technology directly affects functional mobility, participation in life roles, wheelchair skills, as well as overall satisfaction with their equipment.
CEU Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Determine 2 aspects of how a seating system can help reduce secondary complications of chronic sitting.
- Discover 2 ways that power wheelchair input device influences functional outcomes
- Develop 2 measurable goals for a power mobility intervention.
- Create 1 plan of care for a power wheelchair prescription based on an individual’s medical diagnosis.
See our upcoming onsite education courses at the Permobil Academy.
Full Course Detail Flyer PDF: Case For Excellence Power