(1 hrs./ 0.1 CEU/CCU)
AOTA Classification Code(s): Category: OT Service Delivery
- CEUs/Contact Hours: 0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hour
- Educational Level: Intermediate
This 60-minute interactive live course will utilize case discussions to drive clinical decision making for manual wheelchair (MWC) prescription. This class is intended to facilitate clinicians and equipment provider’s knowledge of how to successfully recommend appropriate seating and mobility devices for people who self-propel a manual wheelchair. Participants will be provided with real case examples and use clinical reasoning skills to identify a client’s limitations, goals, and equipment selection to promote functional outcomes. Attendees will be encouraged to participate in active discussion of their case findings and compare solutions.
This course will help guide your practice from standard equipment prescription to best practice for manual wheelchair recommendations for long-term independent self-propulsion to maximize functional mobility. This course will utilize the ICF model to assist the clinical decision-making process to be successful in the provision of seating and positioning solutions for MWC. This course will highlight how power assist devices have a positive impact on quality of life and participation in MRADLs at home and in the community. Upon completion of this course, the participant will have a better understanding of how matching the person with their technology directly affects functional mobility, participation in life roles, wheelchair skills, as well as overall satisfaction with their equipment.
CEU Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand 2 frame configurations that can enhance the rider’s upright seated posture and stability.
- Explain 2 influences that seating components have on functional outcomes related to manual wheelchair mobility.
- Develop 2 measurable goals for a manual wheelchair mobility intervention.
- Articulate 1 way that power assist technology support seating and mobility goals
See our upcoming onsite education courses at the Permobil Academy.
Full Course Detail Flyer PDF: Case For Excellence Manual