(1 hr/ 0.1 CEU/CCU)
AOTA Classification Code(s): Category: OT Service Delivery
- CEUs/Contact Hours: 0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hour
- Education Level: Beginner
This one-hour, live course is intended to facilitate clinicians and equipment suppliers’ understanding of how to be successful in the provision of manual wheelchair (MWC) complex rehabilitation technology (CRT). In many settings, where time and resources are limited, the potential exists to overlook clients who may need CRT solutions but are provided with basic equipment. When a client with long-term wheeled mobility needs is prescribed a product intended for short-term use, secondary complications can occur. This course is intended to promote best-practice MWC CRT application for successful clinical outcomes using today’s technology.
This course will utilize clinical examples to assist the clinical decision-making process about who needs CRT, how outcomes can be improved, and how to navigate the CRT provision landscape. Upon completion of this course, clinicians will have a better understanding on how to initiate referrals and recommend MWC CRT to optimize client outcomes.
CEU Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to: Describe three indications a person may need an evaluation for manual wheelchair complex rehabilitation technology (CRT).
- Describe three indications a person may need an evaluation for manual wheelchair complex rehabilitation technology (CRT).
- Discuss three clinical justifications for selecting a rigid manual wheelchair versus a folding manual wheelchair.
- Explain two adjustments to the configuration of the manual wheelchair as it relates to shoulder injury prevention.
- Justify three reasons related to health, function or participation that a client may benefit from a manual wheelchair with a power assist device.
*This course is presented via live stream lecture only.
See our upcoming onsite education courses at the Permobil Academy.
Full Course Detail Flyer PDF: Beginners Guide Manual