(1 hrs./ 0.1 CEU/CCU)
AOTA Classification Code(s): Category: OT Service Delivery
- CEUs/Contact Hours: 0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hour
- Education Level: Beginner
This one-hour, live course is intended to facilitate clinicians and equipment suppliers’ understanding of how to be successful in the provision of power wheelchair (PWC) complex rehabilitation technology (CRT). In many settings, where time and resources are limited, the potential exists to overlook clients who may need CRT solutions but are provided with basic equipment. When a client with long-term wheeled mobility needs is prescribed a product intended for short-term use, secondary complications can occur. This course is intended to promote best-practice PWC CRT application for successful clinical outcomes using today’s technology.
This course will utilize clinical examples to assist the clinical decision-making process about who needs CRT, how outcomes can be improved, and how to navigate the CRT provision landscape. Upon completion of this course, clinicians will have a better understanding of how to initiate referrals and recommend PWC CRT to optimize client outcomes.
CEU Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:Describe three indications a person may need an evaluation for manual wheelchair complex rehabilitation technology (CRT).
- Utilize the ICF model to identify three indications that a person may need an evaluation for a CRT power wheelchair or power assist device.
- Compare three clinically relevant differences among front, mid, and rear-wheel drive power wheelchairs in functional performance for indoor and outdoor mobility.
- Analyze how five different power seat functions are used in everyday life for health, function and participation.
Discuss two potential training techniques to allow for initiation of power mobility and power seat function utilization.
*This course is presented via live stream lecture only.
See our upcoming onsite education courses at the Permobil Academy.
Full Course Detail Flyer PDF: Beginners Guide Power