(1 hrs./ 0.1 CEU/CCU)
AOTA Classification Code(s): Category: OT Service Delivery
- CEUs/Contact Hours: 0.1 AOTA CEUs/1 Contact Hour
- Educational Level: Beginner
Appropriate seating solutions are imperative for a client’s function, postural integrity and tissue health. When an off-the-shelf solution does not meet a client’s needs, we must consider custom options to assure optimal outcomes. For some, knowing when to move into or how to navigate the custom continuum can be challenging. In this interactive live course, attendees will learn the primary factors guiding the cushion and back support selection process and how to determine what level of customization is required. Integration of custom seating solutions with the mobility base will also be discussed. Using case examples, attendees will learn to identify when an off-the-shelf solution is not meeting the client’s needs, and identify potential custom solutions given client and environmental factors. By the end of this course attendees will have a better understanding of custom seating solutions and will feel more confident addressing client needs that require products within this continuum.
CEU Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify three options in the continuum of custom seating solutions
- Describe three factors to consider when determining whether a custom seating solution is appropriate for a client
- Given a clinical example, explain one custom seating option that will best meet the client’s seating and wheeled mobility goals
- List two criteria the client must meet to qualify for a custom fabricated back support or cushion
See our upcoming onsite education courses at the Permobil Academy.
Full Course Detail Flyer PDF: Custom Seating Continuum