Education & Evidence
Proof in motion.
The right chair can make all the difference — in your life, in your independence, and in your long-term health. See how we’re using the latest medical research to deliver information that moves everyone in our industry forward.
Latest Blog Posts
This is the 12th blog in our series about power wheelchairs. Check out the1st blog,2nd blog,3rd blog,4th blog,5th blog,6th blog,7th blog,8th blog,9th blog,10th blog, and 11th blog.Check out ourPower Wheelchair Guidefor more information about power mobility.
Our focus continues on alternative drive controls in our power wheelchair series. We know that these are technologies that allow power wheelchair users to control their power wheelchairs even when they can’t use a traditional joystick. In our last blog about alternative drive controls we discussed head array, sip & puff, and switch arrays & multiple-switch control. Today we are going over single switch scanning and eye gaze.
Permobil has attended and supported the Abilities Expo for a number of years. So when the event for the disability community moved from an in-person experience to a virtual experience we were excited to be a part of the first Abilities Virtual. Below is a video of the interview between the president of Permobil Chuck Witkowski and Paul Amadeus Lane along with the transcript of the conversation.
There are three areas to understand when choosing a wheelchair seat cushion: methods of pressure redistribution, cushion geometry, and cushion medium. Today's blog focuses on cushion geometry.
Refers to a flat seat cushion
Can be a variety of mediums (foam layers, foam with gel, air, etc)
Contact our Support Representatives:
- PushTracker E2 – Battery performance tips
- PushTracker E2 – QuickStart Guide
- PushTracker E2 — Wear OS by Google set-up
- PushTracker Information and Manual
- PushTracker User’s Manual
- SmartDrive Information and Manual
- SmartDrive MX2 Axle Clamp Instructions
- SmartDrive MX2 Folder Adaptor Bar
- SmartDrive MX2 Folder Inserts Instructions
- SmartDrive MX2+ & PushTracker E2 User Manual
- SwitchControl Installation Instructions (formerly Thumb Throttle Buttons)