Permobil is committed to operating a sustainable and responsible business. As a business, we want to see everyone in society lead full lives and to meet their full potential. We can act as an enabler for that.
How we conduct our business is guided by the Permobil Code of Conduct, which was reviewed by the Board of Directors in 2021. The Code of Conduct covers:
- Core values
- Customers/ Users
- Products and Confidentiality
- Business ethics
- Society and Environment.
Similarly a Supplier Code of Conduct was introduced and reviewed again in 2020. It covers more than three-quarters of the spend to suppliers as at the end of 2019.
Permobil has seven sustainability focus areas to keep doing better for our stakeholders:
- Better for users: improving quality of life and ensuring the highest standards of product quality, service and safety
- Better for employees: building a safe and respectful workplace with diversity and inclusion as its hallmarks
- Better for the environment: by minimizing its impact
- Better for business and communities: with strong business ethics and responsible sourcing.
The seven focus areas and their targets for or by 2030 are:
1. Environmental impact
1. Reduce CO2 emissions 70% (Scope 1 and Scope 2).
2. Diversity and inclusion
1. Gender balance of employees 40/60
2. 8 out of 10 employees express feeling included – based on employee survey
3. Workplace accessibility
3. Safe and respectful workplace
1. Zero- tolerance for lost time accidents and work-related fatalities.
4. Product and service quality and safety
1. Zero- tolerance for number of incidents of non-compliance.
5. Quality of life for users
1. Currently being studied and under evaluation.
6. Business ethics
1. 90% of all staff trained in our Code of Conduct and anti-bribery and corruption policies.
7. Responsible sourcing - Supplier Code of Conduct:
1. All new suppliers to sign up to it
2. 98% of supplier spend covered by the Supplier Code of Conduct
3. Existing suppliers reviewed every 3 years.
As a wholly-owned company by Patricia Industries, which is part of Investor, Permobil meets Investor's requirements related to sustainability and report on their KPIs. Further information on Investor and sustainability, including annual reporting on the KPIs, can be found on the Investor website.
In 2016, Permobil joined the United Nations Global Compact. Our annual reports to the UN Global Compact, the Communication on Progress, double as our sustainability reports. They describe our commitment to sustainability and implementation of the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact.