Permobil is committed to operating a sustainable and responsible business. As a business, we want to see everyone in society lead full lives and to meet their full potential. We can act as an enabler for that.
How we conduct our business is guided by the Permobil Code of Conduct, which was reviewed by the Board of Directors in 2021. The Code of Conduct covers:
- Core values
- Customers/ Users
- Products and Confidentiality
- Business ethics
- Society and Environment.
Similarly a Supplier Code of Conduct was introduced and reviewed again in 2020. It covers more than three-quarters of the spend to suppliers as at the end of 2019. It covers the following:
- Compliance with the law
- Human rights
- Labour standards
- Anti-corruption and anti-trust
- Integrity and intellectual property
- Safety and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and enforcement.
Permobil has seven sustainability focus areas to keep doing better for our stakeholders:
- Better for users: improving quality of life and ensuring the highest standards of product quality, service and safety.
- Better for employees: building a safe and respectful workplace with diversity and inclusion as its hallmarks
- Better for the environment: by minimizing its impact
- Better for business and communities: with strong business ethics and responsible.
As a wholly-owned company by Patricia Industries, which is part of Investor, Permobil meets Investor's requirements related to sustainability and report on their KPIs. Further information on Investor and sustainability, including annual reporting on the KPIs, can be found on the Investor website.
In 2016, Permobil joined the United Nations Global Compact. Our annual reports to the UN Global Compact, the Communication on Progress, double as our sustainability reports. They describe our commitment to sustainability and implementation of the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact.